The lack of a journal devoted to the study and collection of proverbs and other sententious statements in Spain led Julia Sevilla Muñoz, Professor at Complutense University of Madrid (Department of French Philology), to create a periodical called Paremia in 1993. This name was chosen for being the hyperonym used to designate all members of the proverbial family, such as sayings, proverbs, maxims, etc. This journal is published by the Independent Cultural Association.
From 1993 up to now, 21 issues have been published. All of them include contributions by both authorities on the subject and young researchers from many countries. We would like to thank all of them, as well as the different organizations that contributed to their edition.
* No. 2, University of Orléans (France).
* From no. 4 to no. 19, Complutense University of Madrid.
* No. 4 and 6, Cultural Services of the French Embassy in Madrid.
* No. 6 and 8, General Directorate for Technical and Scientific Research, Spanish Ministry of Education and Science.
* No. 8, Faculty of Arts of the University of Córdoba, Department of Italian Studies (Complutense University of Madrid), Department of Science and Technology of the French Embassy in Spain, Cluny-ISEIT (Catholic University of Paris), and the Department of Education and University Organisation of the Regional
Government of Galicia.
- To promote research on Paremiology.
- To boost the exchange of opinions and knowledge on the different paremiologic theories.
- To increase participation of both national and foreign young researchers.
- To be a meeting point for experts on Paremiology.
- To present new theories, works, projects and research groups related to Paremiology.
FRECUENCY : Yearly.
ISSN: 1132-8940. Legal Deposit: M-6529-1993
ELECTRONIC ISSN: 2172-10-68
A HIGH-QUALITY JOURNAL:
Paremia fulfills the 33 LATINDEX criteria and appears in the following data bases: COMPLUDOC, DIALNET, DICE-CINDOC, FRANCIS, IRIS, ISOC, LATINDEX, REBIUN, RESH, ULRICH'S, MIAR, DOAJ, PORBASE, LIBRIS, WorldCat. Paremia is indexed in KVK, SUMARIS CBUC, COPAC and British Library (United Kingdom); SUDOC and Lorraine clic (France); GVK-GBV, hbz, portal hebis, kobv, SBB, SWB, TIBORDER and ZDB (Germany); OPAC SBN (Italy); LCCN (USA); helka (Filand); swissbib (Switzerland); NK (Czech Republic); catalogue BNE (Spain).
ANEP: A category.
CIRC (Clasficación Integrada de Revistas Científicas): Group B.
CARHUS Plus: B category.
International nature of contributions: 37.5%.
Field of knowledge: General Linguistics. Social Anthropology.
© Independent Cultural Association. Paremia journal, 2008-2011. All rights reserved.
With the creation of this website, Paremia adheres itself to the Open Access policy, which allows all its readers free access to the content published on it, in order to read, download, copy, print, distribute, search and link the full texts of articles, provided that both the authors and the journal are cited and provided that it is used for noncommercial purposes.
This website was translated into English by Nieves Victoria López and Estela Albaladejo Martínez.